These are the letters from Egan to his beloved Sophia. The translator was unable to ascertain dates for these letters.
Some letters were never mailed, but stayed in a small locked box that Egan kept over the long years.


Tuesday, March 31, 2009


My bewitching love, my Sophia –

You came to me tonight in such rare fashion, or perhaps it was the phase of the moon, the alignment of the stars, or my own desire for you. Tall and lean, your naked body glowing of lotion and passion as you walked to our bed and set one small white candle on the night stand; then climbed into our bed, and leaned over and kissed me – and we made love throughout the night.

And in your voice, I heard the sound of all creation coming together in a single focused harmony, lifting the mountains and rolling the seas and igniting the stars.

And on your face I saw the movement of all the bright and moving objects in all the heavens as they scurried through the night sky, seeking a place to take rest, burning white hot.

And when your eyes finally opened, I saw the fiery furnaces that forged the foundations of all Time and Space, their heat glowing for all eternity.

And I felt the coolness of a night breeze through an open window and heard the thunder rolling in the distant sky and smelled the freshness of the first grass of Spring underfoot and I knew love – love simple and complete – love given and love shared.

And in that moment, I felt our souls wed forever in the most profoundly sacred unity, one that can never be broken or bruised, one that survives the passage of all things known to man.

πάντα

No comments:

Post a Comment