These are the letters from Egan to his beloved Sophia. The translator was unable to ascertain dates for these letters.
Some letters were never mailed, but stayed in a small locked box that Egan kept over the long years.


Monday, March 16, 2009


My most precious Sophia –

May I tell you about the great relief I feel when we talk – your voice to my ear is the sound of doves cooing, and, to my soul it is the soothing words of Angels speaking God’s promise to me.

You have so captivated my heart. From your rocky seacoast you have invaded my deep-forest lair and demolished its defenses completely with only a whisper and taken me prisoner for life with only a word.

The depth of what I feel for you has never been measured; it is a brightly lighted abyss of unlimited love and passion. The words describing these feeling have never been spoken, neither by man nor by Angel – they do not yet exist. On a day to be assigned by God, this will be allowed, my soul and yours in perfect communion; until then, accept that I love you dearly, I love you to the end my beloved, to the end.

πάντα

No comments:

Post a Comment