These are the letters from Egan to his beloved Sophia. The translator was unable to ascertain dates for these letters.
Some letters were never mailed, but stayed in a small locked box that Egan kept over the long years.


Monday, March 16, 2009


My passionate and beloved Sophia –

Tonight, I lay by the fire on this lonely plain, thousands of miles from you and all of that which is our home. As I have looked upward at the heavens, I have come to know that when 1,000 moons have risen over 10,000 lovers prayers, then, only then, will I have just begun to perceive the love we possess.

This bright and radiant place we create, but it is beyond light, beyond words or space, and only to us does it exist. Our vision came on that cherished night of Oneness, when we placed our hearts under sacred Oath as we stared into each other’s Souls - our hearts exchanged at Love’s chanterie.

Polaris peers down on me tonight, clarifying the future as surely as the Pythia at Delphi or the vision of Tiresias of old. Tomorrow I begin the journey to the sea, to join the ship that will bring me home to you my most beloved one. One step closer to the Oracle of Oneness we have been promised.

πάντα

No comments:

Post a Comment