Monday, March 16, 2009
My most wondrous Sophia -
It is the early Spring time of our relationship; I know you are frightened, if not frightened, then apprehensive of my intentions. We have attended church twice and a dance, but you can already read in me that which I cannot define as yet. All I know is that I am smitten by you as I have never imagined such things could be.
You do not know, and I cannot say, that you are in such control of me. I look into your eyes and I see a thousand tomorrows, no, ten thousand; yet, I must try and focus on this day. As you stood across the church yard yesterday, talking with the other young women, you would occasionally look in my direction, catching me staring each time. You smiled and my heart withered, what is happening to me?
If you knew you already possessed my heart, my soul, my thoughts, my dreams, my hopes, and my endless fidelity, would you think me weak or foolish; they are all yours. And, while I cannot define what is burning in my heart for you, I already know that I do not want to be apart from you, ever. I think I am in love with you Sophia, it has sneaked upon me like a storm in the night, waking me with its power and persistence.
When you look across the church yard at me, I would think your glance would be questioning, wondering if I am a sham, but it is not. You know. Your smallest glance lets me know that you have read me like a book and you are deciding my Fate as a judge in the Court of Life.
I stand accused. I am guilty.
πάντα
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment