Monday, March 16, 2009
My lovely Sophia -
Today as we were walking along the street, a young boy of 8 ran by. Before he went very far, he tripped, fell and skinned his knee; it was bleeding and he was crying. Without hesitation you tore the bottom off your petticoat, soaked it under the nearest running water and went to his aid. I watched as you wrapped his wound and hugged him until he stopped crying; this vagabond child of a vagabond father, assuaged under your loving hand.
Constantly, your immeasurable beauty confounds me. And, just as constantly I am reminded of God’s good grace which has placed you by my side. My love for you abides deeply within me, and that which abides in me, abides forever. I am no different than that vagabond son, at the mercy of your aid, your limitless love shepherding me through the countless pains of life.
I owe Life the debt of love, may I never fall behind in my payments to you, its conservator.
πάντα
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment