These are the letters from Egan to his beloved Sophia. The translator was unable to ascertain dates for these letters.
Some letters were never mailed, but stayed in a small locked box that Egan kept over the long years.


Monday, March 16, 2009


My beautiful Sophia –

Have you noticed how people tremble in our presence my love? Have you noticed that our love radiates outwardly so that they seem burned as by the intense summer sun - yet we bask in it as a new Spring day. Today, you caused me to understand.

You bring such joy to my life my darling; I am overwhelmed with the immensity of your love for me. When I came in from the field today I found the roses you had picked for me; you know how I love them so and I was touched by the sentiment. It was not until I went to wash up that I understood.

Soaking in the sink I found a small towel, with small blood stains all over it, your blood. I came to you and held your hands, silently turning them over to see your palms, where there were dozens of cuts from where you had picked the roses for my pleasure. I had no choice but to kneel in the presence of such love my precious. You gave me pleasure through your pain; I am humbled my beautiful Sophia, humbled and blessed my love.

I think of so many ways when you "pick roses for me" each day. My Sophia, my precious beloved Sophia.


πάντα

No comments:

Post a Comment