Monday, March 16, 2009
My precious and adored Sophia –
Life has sent me far afield my beloved, but not without your heart living within my heart and your soul living within my soul. At home today, it is a time when there may be snow, I know how much you love those days and smile at the thought of the joy it brings you. I find myself far flung to warm western climes where snow exists only in the stories told by young girls and the failing memories of old men.
There is a bird here known to the natives as Peregrine, he is faster than the wind, and though smallish, he is a fierce raptor. In the last month, I have made friends with one, feeding him each morning and sending him on his way; each evening he sleeps on a perch outside my tent. Three days ago as he sat on my wrist I told him of you, of the love and passion in my heart for you, and as I fed him I asked him to take this message to you. Then, as I always do, I launched him into the wind. He turned to the East, to you, and I have not seen him again. If a small, fierce bird appears, do not harm him, but feed him and listen to his words, they are mine to you.
Though this land is unsettled and uncivilized, it is verdant and beautiful, untouched by the greedy and careless hands of man. The natives are simple, but honest and people of great honor, you would approve of them and like them I think. My day is now beginning and I must be about my doings, which I will do with thoughts of you, as always, deeply in my heart and my soul, my precious beloved Sophia.
πάντα
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment