These are the letters from Egan to his beloved Sophia. The translator was unable to ascertain dates for these letters.
Some letters were never mailed, but stayed in a small locked box that Egan kept over the long years.


Monday, March 16, 2009


My beautiful loving Sophia –

Why do you love me? I asked. You turned and walked away without answering, glancing over your shoulder and smiling as you went. I followed and asked you again. Yet you spoke not. Finally, I told you, “tell me.” With your eyes filled with love, you looked directly into my eyes and said, “No.”

Only one light shines, only one heart beats, only one single burning desire exists; you. I need not know why but I can feel your love in the things you say and I can see it in the things you do.

Come to me, hold me close, share my breath my impassioned love; let our hearts beat as one until – in an instant – all breathing stops. And when it begins again, it is in a world reborn in our passion my beloved.

πάντα

No comments:

Post a Comment