These are the letters from Egan to his beloved Sophia. The translator was unable to ascertain dates for these letters.
Some letters were never mailed, but stayed in a small locked box that Egan kept over the long years.


Friday, April 17, 2009


My Sophia, my precious Sophia -

Yesterday it seemed the entire world conspired against me; leaving me feeling hollow and alone, distraught and near anger. I am ashamed that I took all of these things and brought them home with me to present them to you in a shameful manner. This is something that will be to my eternal regret and endless feeling of apology to you.

But you, Sophia, you simply looked at me and came and took my hands and kissed them gently. Then you touched my face with you hands, your gentle, gentle hands. You looked into my eyes and said, "I love you, I love you so very much." Then you held me close to you. All troubles vanished, all pain ceased, all hope was restored in all things.

There are times when I am overwhelmed at the very thought that the Father has given you to be in my life. Yet I know we will be together forever, because I recognize that we have already been together forever; you truly are my other half. On all days, good or bad, you never stop loving me. And my precious Sophia, there is never one second of any day that I don't love you with the completeness of the universe, I love you in perfect entirety.

πάντα


No comments:

Post a Comment