My Sophia, beautiful and eternal –
We were awake so late last night with only a few hours of sleep as we held each other desperately through the night. Now, we share with the soft half-light of dawn this morning - it is so gentle, so beautiful. In the moments just before the first rays of sunlight fight their way through the thick boughs of pine, the cardinals serenade us to the new day. In their song I hear your words of love, of devotion, the songs of forever love.
Which is softer of you – your touch, your word, your love for me? I don’t know. All I do know is that you have changed that which lives within me forever and for good. You take a rough pile of Life and sculpt it and texture it into something with thoughts of tenderness, thoughts of such true love and thoughts of Hope that I did not know existed. The hands of your soul have the light touch of a goddess – deny it in modesty if you must, I will understand, but know the truth.
Sitting here, looking over the top of my ragged coffee cup as it steams into my face, I watch you smiling with your eyes closed as you listen to the pure sweet notes of the songbirds about us. As you do, I can see my soul with eyes closed listening to the sweet notes of your soul singing always to mine. When I am at my worst, you are at your best, a calm word within the storm, a place of peace within tumult, an oasis of love when life is filled with only burning desolation.
For what do I owe you? For what do I not? Every time we touch I feel the love that has existed between us since the beginning of time and which shall exist until time ceases to be – I am thankful that we found each other again as we have done forever my love. I will hold you close to me through the ages, but for today, place your heart within my heart and know the love I feel for you at the rising of this sun.
πάντα
No comments:
Post a Comment