Sophia, my beauty and my love –
In the middle of the night, your voice calms me as a tender melody. When my soul is raging, at war with itself, the mercy of your spirit brings it to a place of peace. Your affection floods me like the first full light of morning. The very thought of you fills me with every breath I take. What have I ever done to deserve such love? Why has the Father chosen to bless me so?
In the darkness I sit and I hear the song of the night bird, frogs singing love songs to one another, and the sound of the wind in the trees. But, at a deeper level, I hear the sound of the sap coursing through the veins of the leaves on my pear tree, I feel the light of a distant star gently touching my face, and I sense your thoughts as you send your deepest love to me.
Tonight, I anoint myself with oil consecrated by thoughts from your heart and words from your lips. Tonight, I light a candle, no, not one, but three, and ask the Father’s blessing upon them all; their light and thought made holy within the loving palm of His hand. Tonight, I feel the vastness of love - how have you taken me to such heights? I love you my Sophia, without doubt or hesitation, completely.
πάντα
No comments:
Post a Comment