My beloved and loving Sophia -
Did you hear my heart beat last night as you lay your head on my chest to go to sleep? Did you hear it calling your name with each beat?
When you reached over to hold my hand just before sleep claimed you for the night did you feel the warmth of my soul? Did you feel it reaching for you in the middle of the night?
Just at the moment you went to sleep did you feel my kiss on your forehead and my whisper to you? A whisper to remind you, "That no other woman in the world is loved more than you are by me?"
It is cold tonight, an early winter night, and we are warmly tucked beneath what feels like 85 woolen blankets you have upon the bed. You are warmly bound in the lavender flannel gown that keeps you so warm. You are already asleep, yet I linger awake just a few minutes more. In those few minutes I feel your warmth against my side as I hold you close to me; I feel your breath upon my chest, gentle and steady in the darkness.
So many days and moments of love I recall that we have shared and I feel myself wanting to weep from the joy of knowing; of knowing that "No other man in the world is loved more than I am by you."
I know that some day the sky will fall, the sun will fail, and the stars will (one by one) blink out of existence; but at this moment it is Eternity and in this eternity there is nothing else in the universe except you and me and the love we feel for one another. Sleep well my precious darling, I love you.
πάντα
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment