These are the letters from Egan to his beloved Sophia. The translator was unable to ascertain dates for these letters.
Some letters were never mailed, but stayed in a small locked box that Egan kept over the long years.


Tuesday, June 16, 2009


My heart and my soul, my Sophia -

Tonight I sit outside in the cooling light breeze of this late summer night. Still not risen is the crescent moon that will soon be born of the night; for now, only the stars and the brightness of the love you give me lighting my night.

You are sleeping inside as I sit in peace out here, thinking of the great gift God has given to me by putting your hand into mine. Each day of my life I wonder how much sacrifice he will require of me in return for this greatest favor He has bestowed upon me - whatever it is, I will pay it gladly. I will pay it in return for you smiling face, your laughter, your love and, yes, even the tears you occasionally shed upon my shoulder.

Without any doubt you know of my love for you, it is so obvious it cannot be hidden or even shown to you in diminished fashion. Still, I search daily for another word, another phrase to tell you how deeply I feel for you. It is a depth that is rarely felt and never properly measured; it defies measurement or description.

So, in your dreams tonight, feel my love for you. When the new day begins feel my love for you in your waking dream. I will never fail to love you, it would not be possible. My love for you will last as long as Time exists, for as long as there is breath or thought or dream; beyond the measure of man will I love you. My precious Sophia, I simply love you as I ought to do - without measure, without fail, without limit.

πάντα

No comments:

Post a Comment